Friday, October 4, 2013

Welcome to Tasty Bites for the Hungry Family!


I am currently eight months pregnant, and certainly ready to pop at any moment. This is my first child, and I realized quickly throughout my pregnancy that I will never be able to keep up with all of the cooking, cleaning, child care, and personal hygiene - at least not all at once! 

So I started trying to think of ways to make life easier for after I have my little girl. My sister, Beth, was extremely helpful with the suggestion of preparing freezer meals ahead of time.

For those of you who have yet to hear of the amazing things that are freezer meals, you are in for an easy - and tasty - treat! 

Freezer meals are meals you make with the full intention of freezing and saving for a later date. This is an easy and inexpensive way to keep a healthy meal within your grasp even on your busiest day. Who needs to order a greasy pizza that is overpriced when you can just pop an already prepared meal in the oven for a half hour instead? Your budget and stomach will thank you in the long run!

When Beth offered up the suggestion of freezer meals, I began doing my research to see if I could manage to pull it off for my husband and I. The ending result was spectacular!


I put together a menu for an entire month's worth of meals, and grabbed a helping hand to assist me in the grocery store. (Thanks Mom!) After all was said and done, I had managed to gather all of my supplies to prepare the meals for under $150. (This was done without couponing and running from store to store for sales. I'm sure the end price could be dropped if you were to search ahead for sales and extra deals.)

The next day, I gathered the troops. (AKA - I called Beth and we met at our mom's house to do our cooking.) We spent our day together laughing and catching up while preparing the many meals. My little sister, Mary, even jumped in on the action when she came home from school.

While we were working on the food, a thought occurred to me. We were having so much fun doing this, and I wanted to share this fun. Many of the ideas I had compiled for my meals and how to prepare them came from hours of internet searching.

That's when we all decided it was time to start a blog. What better way to help out other families than to make it easy by putting all of our experiences and techniques in one place?

So here we are, at the beginning of a new adventure. I hope you continue come here to find a tasty and affordable ways to feed your family even in the craziest moments of life. 
Return to Top of Page

No comments:

Post a Comment